POSTING DATE: 10/09/19
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Accounting Associate
HOURS: 40 Hours Per Week
Perform duties to provide any range of accounting support activities within the department, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
- Receive, compile, and verify shipping documents, contracts, and purchase orders against invoices. Identify and correct errors, and apply appropriate coding to invoices.
- Batch and record vendor approved invoices scheduled for payment. Prepare checks and ACH transactions as required. Work with vendors to resolve inquiries regarding statement and payment disputes
- Reconcile bank accounts as assigned.
- Issue tags for new Fixed Assets, and enter items into Fixed Asset systems. Perform annual Fixed Asset inventory, note, report, and follow up on discrepancies. Enter Fixed Asset disposals as needed.
- Prepare invoices to customers and other miscellaneous billing. Follow up and contact customer if payments are not made in a timely manner.
- Balance, deposit, and post cash receipts. Perform periodic account reconciliation. Monitor the bank account for incoming payments and document for batch posting.
- Ensure compliance with travel policy, including review expense reports, , trip authorizations, and other associated documents. Provide guidance to District staff on travel procedures and submission for payment.
- Prepare periodic reconciliation of various general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Maintain hard copy files for financial records. Scan and index records into Onbase document management system.
- Assist in department annual audit.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate excellence in oral and verbal communication, with the ability to communicate clearly.
- Working knowledge of accounting practices to provide necessary assistance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and specific software applications.
- Ability to manage work effectively by prioritizing tasks.
- Proven ability to maintain critical degree of accuracy.
- Two year Associates degree or technical training in Accounting or related discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience in related work.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
While engaging in the duties of this position the Employee performs lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 lbs. occasionally and 10 lbs. frequently. Employee sits constantly. Employee stands and walks occasionally. Employee occasionally bends/stoops/crouches and pushes/pulls. Employee uses their hand(s)/arm(s) to reach in any direction and seize, grasp, hold and turn object using hand(s). Employee uses fingers, versus whole hand, to pick, pinch and feel objects. Employee sees, talk and hear as they communicate with others in person, electronically or by phone.
Employee will operate motor vehicle(s) that involve the use of hand/foot controls.
PAY: Starting wage ranges between $610 and $763 per week. Up to 34 paid days off annually, FRS Pension, great medical benefits, fitness center access, perks and more.
Submit your Application, Resume, and any relevant copies of certification on our website (www.rcid.org).