Applicants who do not complete the NTN assessment will not be considered for this position.
POSTING DATE: 1/4/2019
CLOSING DATE: Until received adequate number of applicants
CLASSIFICATION: Communicator (911 Emergency Dispatch)
HOURS: 40 hours weekly, rotating 10 hour shifts
Reedy Creek will soon be assessing for Communicator. Interested candidates will need to fill out an application directly on our website. In addition, candidates must complete an ECOMM Test via NTN as soon as possible. Applicants without NTN test scores on file will not be considered for the position.
|NTN Information / Resources|
|Sign up @ NTN: www.nationaltestingnetwork.com
Further info regarding ECOMM can be found at: https://nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/ntn-test-ecomm.cfm
All inquiries should be directed to National Testing Network at 866-563-3882 or via the following link: https://nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/contact.cfm
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver license and maintain insurability.
- Must have the ability to maintain composure in an emergency situation and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and direct dispatch personnel and equipment under stressful conditions.
- Must have proficiency with windows-based computer programs.
- Successful completion of the National Testing Network ECOMM Test (NTN)
- Candidate PHQ (NTN)
- Three to six months of related experience
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification
- Florida State 911 Telecommunicator certification
- Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) – (NAED)
- Emergency Fire Dispatch (EFD) – (NAED)
- Any applicable/additional certifications through A.P.C.O. or N.E.N.A
- Healthcare Provider – level CPR training
- Foreign language fluency
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is in the Communications Center and is accountable for receiving 911 emergency calls and computer controlled automatic alarm system information, obtaining information, and dispatching appropriate personnel and equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires long periods of sitting and ability to work under stressful conditions.
SALARY: Minimum starting wage rate $18.51 per hour.
- Complete NTN ECOMM Test (resources shown in “NTN Information / Resources” section below)
- Submit results to Reedy Creek via NTN.
- In addition, please fill out an application directly on our Reedy Creek Improvement District website.
- Attach Resume and any related certifications.