POSTING DATE: 5/21/2018
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Associate Compliance Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or related discipline.
- FDEP Stormwater Erosion or Sedimentation Control Inspector Certification preferred.
- FSA Stormwater Operator Level I & II Certification preferred.
- One to three years of experience in related position required.
- Demonstrate proficiency with GIS mapping system and other required software programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and apply pertinent policies, procedures and regulations.
- Valid Florida’s driver’s license with insurability.
Perform functions to provide primary support for the Permit Compliance Program, through the monitoring of construction related field activities for compliance as related to the required permits, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
- Coordinate pre-construction meetings. Provide permitting information to contractors
- Perform construction site inspections for compliance with Construction Generic Permit, SFWMD Permit, and Land Development Regulations. Write reports based on inspections and meet with contractors and owner representatives to review compliance submittals. Conduct re-inspections following remediation.
- Perform MS4 inspections of canals, ponds, swales, culverts, structures. Conduct illicit discharge inspections. Complete report based on findings.
- Assist with Erosion control and SWPPP reviews for compliance with NPDES and SFWMD permits.
- Coordinate with landowner or their Environmental Affairs representatives to survey invasive plants with Village Lake and portions of the canal system. Provide data to GIS specialist.
- Organize and conduct training for contractors relating to erosion control and site stabilization. Perform testing and report eligibility for state required certification.
- Assist in the Mosquito Surveillance Program.
- Help facilitate the ordering and distribution of field and safety supplies.
- Attend storm water and related conferences. Attend safety committee meetings and conferences.
- Assist with storm pipe and dewatering installation inspections.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, touch, speak, hear, and see. An employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, reach, twist, carry, climb, push and pull.
- An employee must lift and/or move small articles and occasionally lift objects up to 20 pounds.
- An employee must demonstrate fine motor skills and to be able to operate vehicles and other equipment.
- An employee is occasionally required to work in heat, cold and wet/damp conditions and to navigate uneven and/or outdoor terrain.
- Certain positions may require work above ground or in enclosed spaces.
- Certain positions may have requirements of 50 pounds maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Positions requiring strength demands in the Heavy and/or Very Heavy category have detailed physical performance analyses available for review.
SALARY: Wage ranges between $895 and $1,194 per week – negotiable – depending upon qualifications and experience. Position is eligible for FRS retirement, robust health insurance coverage and additional perks.