POSTING DATE: 3/7/2019
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Associate Construction Project Manager
HOURS: 40 Hours per Week
Perform functions to assist and at times lead in the management of capital and maintenance construction projects under contracts issued by the District to represent the best interests of the District throughout all phases from design to close-out. Work is performed under the guided direction of the Principal Construction Manager and requires the use and exercise of sound calculated judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or closely related field.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in construction project management.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- Assist in the management and coordination of construction and maintenance projects from procurement to close-out while working with the project teams throughout the duration of the project in order to meet the project schedule and budget.
- Assist in constructability reviews of construction documents including plans and specifications.
- In cooperation with the District’s Principal and Senior Construction Managers, manage material and services, construction administration and project close-out activities to represent the interests of the District in the development and implementation of capital and maintenance construction projects.
- Maintain relationships with trusted contractors and consultants that provide construction management, engineering, inspection, and construction material testing services.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure that proper permits are in place and that work is performed in compliance with permitted requirements and contractual terms.
- Monitor elements of construction through each phase and ensure that projects are proceeding on time, on budget and in compliance with contractual terms.
- Assist in the establishment of specific timelines and schedules for construction and maintenance projects in compliance with contractual arrangements and lead meetings with project managers and consultants to exchange information, identify and resolve potential issues that may impede project progress.
- Assist in identifying, mitigating and resolving disputes between landowners and contractors regarding any design, building or performance matters to ensure that contract covenants are fulfilled to expectation.
- Create and distribute reports relating to project progress to ensure that all stakeholders are continuously informed as to the status of ongoing projects.
- Knowledge and experience in vertical construction with an emphasis in commercial building construction including site work, roadway, and utilities.
- Skilled relationship builder and manager with a reputation for transparent, trustworthy, and clear communication with the ability to effectively manage strong personalities.
- Consistently manages multiple priorities and competing assignments while meeting commitments.
- Excellent positive listening, oral, and written communication skills.
- A working knowledge of building trades and processes, current best practice and standards, along with emerging resources and practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, touch, speak, hear, and see. An employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, reach, twist, carry, climb, push and pull.
- An employee must lift and/or move small articles and occasionally lift objects up to 20 pounds.
- An employee must demonstrate fine motor skills and to be able to operate vehicles and other equipment.
- An employee is occasionally required to work in heat, cold and wet/damp conditions and to navigate uneven and/or outdoor terrain.
- Certain positions may require work above ground or in enclosed spaces.
- Certain positions may have requirements of 50 pounds maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Positions requiring strength demands in the Heavy and/or Very Heavy category have detailed physical performance analyses available for review.
PAY: Wage ranges between $1121 and $1495 per week. Up to 34 paid days off annually, FRS pension, great
medical, fitness center access, perks and more.
TO APPLY: Submit Application, Resume, and any relevant copies of certification on our website (www.rcid.org).