POSTING DATE: 4/3/2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Construction Coordinator
HOURS: 40 Hours Per Week (salary non-exempt). Overtime and night shifts required, as necessary.
Performs functions associated with the coordination and inspection of District capital and maintenance construction projects throughout all phases to close-out. Work is performed under the limited direction of the Construction Manager. Position is salary non-exempt. At times, overtime and night shifts will be required, as necessary, due to departmental need.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Engineering or Construction Management or closely related field.
- Minimum of five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in construction project coordination and inspection.
- Or combination of education and experience.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- Consistently manages multiple priorities and competing assignments while meeting commitments.
- Excellent positive listening, oral, and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Clear depth of knowledge in building trades and processes, current best practice and standards, along with emerging resources and practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience in horizontal and vertical construction including site work, roadway, utilities, heavy civil construction, bridges, and commercial building construction including.
- Coordination and inspection of all phases and types construction practices.
- Technical report writing.
- Demonstrate proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Valid Florida’s Driver’s License with insurability.
- Coordinates District construction project activities with Contractors, Consultants, and other entities (RCES, Duke Energy, Orange County, landowners, etc).
- Assist in constructability reviews of construction documents including plans and specifications.
- Coordinates the construction administration, inspection and project close-out activities to represent the interests of the District of capital and maintenance construction projects.
- Coordinates responsibilities with trusted contractors and consultants that provide engineering, inspection, and construction material testing services.
- Coordinates and inspects with all stakeholders to ensure that work is performed in compliance with permitted requirements and contractual terms.
- Inspect and coordinate all elements of construction through each phase and ensure that projects are proceeding on time, on budget and in compliance with contractual terms.
- Assist in establishing specific timelines and schedules for construction and maintenance projects in compliance with contractual arrangements and lead meetings with project managers and consultants to exchange information, identify and resolve potential issues that may impede project progress.
- Identify, mitigate and aid in resolving disputes between landowners and contractors regarding any design, building or performance matters to ensure that contract covenants are fulfilled to expectation.
- Create daily reports relating to project progress to ensure that the Construction Manager is continuously informed as to the status of ongoing projects.
- Coordination and/or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Provide support to the Construction Management team as needed or required to perform daily activities and functions of the position.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, touch, speak, hear, and see. An employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, reach, twist, carry, climb, push and pull.
- An employee must lift and/or move small articles and occasionally lift objects up to 20 pounds.
- An employee must demonstrate fine motor skills and to be able to operate vehicles and other equipment.
- An employee is occasionally required to work in heat, cold and wet/damp conditions and to navigate uneven and/or outdoor terrain.
- Certain positions may require work above ground or in enclosed spaces.
- Certain positions may have requirements of 50 pounds maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Positions requiring strength demands in the Heavy and/or Very Heavy category have detailed physical performance analyses available for review.
PAY: Wage ranges between $895 and $1,492 per week.