POSTING DATE: July 7, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Construction Project Administrator
The Construction Project Administrator performs various duties to support the Construction Management team, including but not limited to, construction administration, administrative and clerical support, procurement and the day to day operations of Reedy Creek Improvement District (“RCID”) capital improvement and maintenance construction projects throughout all project phases to close-out. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Construction Manager. The position is salary non-exempt.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Engineering or Construction Management or closely related field.
- Minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible experience in construction administration – or combination of education and experience.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- Assists in the coordination of Reedy Creek Improvement District (“RCID”) construction project activities with Contractors, Consultants, and other entities (e.g., RCES, Duke Energy, Orange County, landowners, etc).
- Conduct construction administration activities to represent the interests of the District in support of capital and maintenance construction projects. Duties include, but are not necessarily limited to; plan, organize, and act as RCID’s representative respective to project documentation. Anticipates and provides for RCID’s needs to access information and general coordination with daily project activities. Coordinates the transmission of submittals; post contract award and throughout the active project. May act as a liaison between RCID and customers, subcontractors, architects, and general contractors on active projects.
- Maintains and monitors records. Efficiently organizes and maintains project records on an ongoing basis; ensures as-built record drawings are routinely acquired and filed; collects and files subcontractor-provided Operation and Maintenance (“O&M”) manuals; prepares RCID’s project-specific O&M manuals, approved submittals, testing requirements, all related project material, and collects all compliance documents necessary for project closeout. Logs and maintains the logs for the following: submittals, requests for information (RFIs), directives, and requests for change orders. Verifies timely responses are received from responding parties.
- Maintain project documentation for Construction Management team; ensures that memos, faxes, emails, and conversation issues are promptly distributed to those who need to know.
- Coordination and/or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Provide support to the Construction Management team as needed or required to perform daily activities and functions of the position.
- Collaborate with both department and external staff to schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings and other events.
- Provide multifaceted general office support for Construction Management team as needed. Input project documentation into electronic document repositories (Newforma, Buzzsaw, etc) including check requests, and maintain Construction Management team’s filing system.
- Working in close cooperation with the Construction Manager, assist in the preparation of documentation essential to the procurement of professional architectural and engineering services and construction services. Works in close cooperation with RCID’s procurement and contract administration personnel in the preparation of requests for proposals, invitations for bids and requests for quotations.
- Requisition capital improvement and sundry goods and services for the Construction Management team.
- Assist with any routine or special administrative assignments as requested.
- Work in close cooperation with and assist the project financial accountant in obtaining requisite legal waivers to support processing of contractors’ applications for payment.
- Accurately document the minutes of meetings. Distribute minutes in accordance with supervisor’s instructions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, touch, speak, hear, and see. An employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, reach, twist, carry, climb, push and pull.
- An employee must lift and/or move small articles and occasionally lift objects up to 20 pounds.
- An employee must demonstrate fine motor skills and to be able to operate vehicles and other equipment.
- An employee is occasionally required to work in heat, cold and wet/damp conditions and to navigate uneven and/or outdoor terrain.
- Certain positions may require work above ground or in enclosed spaces.
- Certain positions may have requirements of 50 pounds maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Positions requiring strength demands in the Heavy and/or Very Heavy category have detailed physical performance analyses available for review.
Pay ranges from $737 to $1,043 per week.