POSTING DATE: 1/10/20
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Facility and Fleet Management Intern – Spring 2020
HOURS: 20 Hours Per Week
The Facility and Fleet Management Intern will be given the opportunity to gain experience in working for the government sector and make a positive impact. The Intern will be working and given exposure to the Property Management Department, in which performs a variety of services to include facility management, fleet maintenance, horticulture operations, irrigation management, and parking garage operations.
The Facility and Fleet Management Intern will job shadow and perform duties to support the Property Management Department, with a focus on the operations of the department. The department is a diverse division of the District, in which the Intern will have the opportunity to learn how this unique organization provides 24/7 support to both our internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve its organizational goals.
- Become familiar with the department’s tasks and duties in all various areas.
- Build working relationships with staff and contractors that support the department.
- Learn all the different software programs utilized by Property Management including learning the management of operational and capital budgets for all departments.
- Actively involved in daily operations, to include budget planning and management, and working close with vendors and services that are contracted by the District.
- Participation in department meetings, weekly construction project meetings, and scheduled meetings with contractors.
- Participation in organized intern events and program objectives.
- Conduct record keeping and other administrative functions as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and apply pertinent policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with supervisor, District employees, and the general public.
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility for tasks and projects assigned
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Desire to learn about facilities, fleet management and property management and how it supports our stakeholders within a public sector setting.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited institution for either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program, studying related majors such as: facilities management, construction management, project management, or horticulture, and must have at least completed their first two semesters.
- Be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
While engaging in the duties of this position the intern performs lifting and/or carrying of up to 20 lbs. occasionally and 10 lbs. frequently. Intern sits constantly. Intern stands and walks occasionally. Intern occasionally bends/stoops/crouches and pushes/pulls. Intern uses their hand(s)/arm(s) to reach in any direction and seize, grasp, hold and turn object using hand(s). Intern uses fingers, versus whole hand, to pick, pinch and feel objects. Intern sees, talk and hear as they communicate with others in person, electronically or by phone.
Intern may operate motor vehicle(s) that involve the use of hand/foot controls.
- Ability to work during regular business hours (Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm) for no more than 20 hours per week.
- Spring interns expect to start towards end of January through end of April.
PAY: $13.00/hour – interns are not eligible for benefits or perks.
Submit your Application, Resume, and any relevant copies of certification on our website (www.rcid.org).