POSTING DATE: 11/14/2019
CLOSING DATE: Posting will be removed once we are satisfied with assessment participant numbers.
CLASSIFICATION: Firefighter Paramedic
This is not a job posting for immediate hire. RCID will be establishing an interest list for future hiring.
Please see below for assessment details. RCID is not directly accepting resumes at this time.
Interested candidates are required to complete the FireTEAM and Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) testing and PHQ via National Testing Network (NTN) as soon as possible. Once NTN testing & requirements have been completed, interested candidates should wait to be contacted further. Once NTN results are compiled, RCID will reach out to those selected on an “invite only” basis for the next phase of the hiring process. ***Candidates who do not complete all three phases (FireTEAM, CPAT and PHQ) will not be considered to move forward in the process***
Listed below is all NTN testing and contact information. They will be the sole point of contact until we select candidates to move forward in the process.
All inquiries regarding NTN requirements should be directed to National Testing Network at 866-563-3882 or via the following link: https://nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/contact.cfm
- High School Diploma or GED
- FL Driver License
- FL Firefighter Minimum Standards
- FL Paramedic License
- EVOC (or equivalent)
- BLS Provider
- ACLS Provider
- PALS Provider
- NTN CPAT – with result of ‘PASS’
PREFERENCE WILL BE PROVIDED FOR:
- 2 year degree in related field
- Truck Company Operations Class
- Rope Rescue, Technician Level
- Confined Space, Technician Level
- Applicants must possess and be able to demonstrate the skills, knowledge and abilities as outlined in the Florida Firefighter Minimum Standards Program.
- Fire suppression activities include the demonstrated skills and depth of knowledge necessary to function under general supervision.
- Must work as a team member and/or individually in carrying out a variety of assignments in emergency situations.
- Will function safely and effectively as an integral member of a team of equally or less experienced firefighters to accomplish a series of tasks.
- Assume duties as may be designated within the incident command system.
- Participates in the medical treatment of patients in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Able to work as a team member or independently in the delivery of medical services and demonstrate knowledge and proficiency commensurate with paramedic certification.
- Provide for personal safety and the safety of others, patient assessment and emergency medical care, record keeping, data collection, and patient advocacy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, touch, speak, hear, and see. An employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, reach, twist, carry, climb, push and pull.
- An employee must lift and/or move small articles and occasionally lift objects up to 20 pounds.
- An employee must demonstrate fine motor skills and to be able to operate vehicles and other equipment.
- An employee is occasionally required to work in heat, cold and wet/damp conditions and to navigate uneven and/or outdoor terrain.
- Certain positions may require work above ground or in enclosed spaces.
- Certain positions may have requirements of 50 pounds maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Positions requiring strength demands in the Heavy and/or Very Heavy category have detailed physical performance analyses available for review.
Pay: Starting pay is $22.04 per hour including generous time off, FRS Pension, growth opportunities, great medical benefits, fitness center access, perks and more.
We are not currently accepting applications at this time as we are solely establishing an interest list for future hiring. All interested candidates should go to NTN to complete required tests and meet minimum requirements in order to be considered. For more information, please visit: National Testing Network (NTN).