POSTING DATE: 06/26/2019
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: IT Vendor Management Analyst
HOURS: 40 Hours Per Week
The IT Vendor Management Analyst is responsible for leading the overall vendor relationship program for the Technology Services Department. This role will support coordination of all aspects of the RFx process, SOW’s and proposal/quote evaluations working with Technology Services, business partners and vendors on the establishment & renewal of contracts and service level agreements, ensuring contract, reporting, compliance, and due diligence requirements are met, monitoring and reporting on vendors’ overall performance levels and spend, and coordination of change requests.
- Develop vendor rating system, establish standards and procedures for evaluating vendor products and services, pursuing new vendors, qualifying vendors and maintaining relevant database and tracking system. Ensure the contract terms are compatible with the vendor performance review process to ensure enforceability.
- Interpret, review and negotiate technology related contracts in relation to software, hardware, telecommunications and other services.
- Research vendors as requested. Coordinate and process equipment and supply orders and deliveries with designated vendors. Submit equipment and supply requirements through contracts work flow as applicable. Submit appropriate invoices for payment processing, receiving ordered items and documenting receipt as such.
- Assist with Departmental Budget preparation and information gathering process. Assist in identifying budget needs and validates purchasing requests.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with vendor(s) while effectively resolving vendor performance/capability issues to ensure alignment with District’s strategic direction.
- Coordinate regular teleconferences and on site reviews to evaluate performance and operational issues on a predetermined cadence.
- Ensure contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are adhered to.
- Monitor and assess Vendors’ performance across the application portfolio.
- Maintenance and tracking of all contract issues from initiation to resolution with proper documentation.
- Monitor and manage delivery of services as documented in the contract/SLA from our vendors/partners.
- Create and manage ongoing monthly reporting. Track and report key metrics to improve efficiencies and cost containment.
- Assist in coordination with Contract, Finance and relevant Technology Services Personnel in the development of contracts from initial concept through to execution.
- Analyze spend and utilization during contract and maintenance and support renewals.
- Process Technology Services procurement requests following established District’s standards.
- Act as liaison with other District departments, external contacts and vendors as required.
- Engage the business units and Technology Services to understand the vendors’ effectiveness in meeting business needs.
- Ensure that vendors perform root-cause analysis for failed performance metrics and that corrective actions are implemented, and resolve performance issues.
- Ensure that vendors’ continuous improvement activities across all services are being performed, and monitor the corrective action process.
- Implement levels of control through the use of benchmarks and other monitoring tools to ensure that Technology Services steady-state operations are achieved and maintained.
- Document an issue-escalation path and assist to resolve vendor performance disputes.
- Provide input to evaluation and selection, and contract negotiations for Technology Services acquisitions.
- Partner with Technology Services teams and Procurement to review compliance, assess risk, negotiate business terms with vendors and maximize price efficiencies.
- Review SLAs/OLAs and SLA/OLA changes for adherence to customer needs and ensure they are benchmarked against market best practices.
- Understand service levels and their relationships to vendor pricing.
- Communicate business results and benefits through scorecards and dashboards.
- Prepare review of vendor performance to be shared with executives, key stakeholders, and vendors, and define and implement a performance improvement plan as applicable.
- Manage department finance administrative tasks related to corporate credit card use and expenses. Manage departmental invoice processing.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other required software.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competency of office methods, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrate clear and concise writing style in the production of documentation.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Excellent passive listening, oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of fundamental IT concepts, practices and procedures.
- Consistently manages multiple priorities and competing assignments while meeting commitments.
- Maintain a level of professionalism with respect for confidentiality.
- Adherence to accepted project management practices is expected as multiple projects will occur at the same time.
- Strong analytical skills are required, in particular, an understanding of basic statistics and a proficiency in Excel.
- Strong leadership skills, particularly in the area of influencing without direct authority.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing contracts.
- Sound understanding of all agreements, including but not limited to Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Non-Disclosure Agreement, and Independent Contractor Agreement.
- Familiarity with legal, privacy/security and technical business requirements (i.e. SLAs and OLAs) to be able to redline contracts.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Three to five years of experience in IT Service Delivery, general Vendor Management or directly related position is required.
- Project management, sourcing, business analytics, IT service management, vendor relationship management, procurement, or prior vendor performance management background preferred.
- Experience in data analytics and data visualization tools is highly desired.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) training preferred but not required.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) is preferred but not required.
- ITIL Foundations Certification required (if not in possession at time of hire, certification must be obtained within 6 months – as condition of continued employment).
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
While engaging in the duties of this position the Employee performs lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 lbs. occasionally and 10 lbs. frequently. Employee sits frequently. Employee stands and walks occasionally. Employee occasionally bends/stoops/crouches, pushes/pulls, kneels and crawls. Employee uses their hand(s)/arm(s) to reach in any direction and seize, grasp, hold and turn object using hand(s). Employee uses fingers, versus whole hand, to pick, pinch and feel objects. Employee sees, talks and hears as they communicate with others in person, electronically or by phone.
Employee will operate motor vehicle(s) that involve the use of hand/foot controls.
PAY: Wage ranges between $922 and $1,076 per week.
Submit your Application, Resume, and any relevant copies of certification on our website (www.rcid.org).