POSTING DATE: 04/30/2019
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Manager, Property Management
HOURS: 40 Hours per Week
Perform functions to manage Horticulture, Fleet Maintenance, Facilities Maintenance, and Parking Operation departments. Coordinate departments’ operational performance, budget, and plan work programs, making decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- Manage operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies.
- Develop and create strategies and policies aligned with District mission of government excellence.
- Maintain and execute an asset management plan for District Buildings (District Administration, Environmental Sciences, Fleet Operations, Fire Stations, and Parking Garages).
- Coordinate and collaborate with District Leadership and District managers and supervisors to determine and ensure that all equipment, machinery, vehicles, emergency vehicles, and building structures are maintained and serviced.
- Ensure all landscaping, irrigation systems, and equipment on District properties are maintained to meet both District and regulatory standards and
- Ensure street lights along all District roadways are maintained and meet all regulatory standards and requirements.
- Provide direction and guidance to subordinates, employees, and contractors.
- Develop and execute department budgets, plan work programs, and RFP/RFQ for contracts.
- Interface with District departments, District Taxpayers and other local governmental agencies.
- Interface with contractors and vendors.
- Communicate and ensure that all rules and regulatory requirements, and District policies and procedures are followed by department staff and contractors.
- Ensure all department records are tracked and accurate.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to read and understand blue prints and CAD designs as related to operations and maintenance of District assets.
- Experience with computers and spreadsheet development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Property Management, Project Management, or related field.
- Maintenance of Traffic certification preferred.
- Landscape Maintenance Certification preferred.
- General Contractor’s License preferred.
- Seven to ten years of supervisory experience in Property Management or related field.
- Working knowledge of building codes and regulations.
- Working knowledge of capital improvements and expansion.
- Experience with FDOT and USDA contracts preferred.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive.
Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
While engaging in the duties of this position the Employee performs lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 lbs. occasionally and 10 lbs. frequently. Employee sits constantly. Employee stands/walks occasionally on varied surfaces. Employee occasionally bends/stoops/crouches, pushes/pulls, climbs/balances, kneels and crawls. Employee uses their hand(s)/arm(s) to reach in any direction and seize, grasp, hold and turn object using hand(s). Employee uses fingers, versus whole hand, to pick, pinch and feel objects. Employee sees, talk and hear as they communicate with others in person, electronically, by phone or radio. Visual functions include the ability to identify and distinguish colors and requires adjustment of the lens of the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Employee will operate motor vehicle(s) that involve the use of hand/foot controls.
Wage ranges between $2219 and $2589 per week. Up to 34 paid days off annually, FRS pension, great medical, fitness center access, perks and more.
Submit Application, Resume, and any relevant copies of certification on our website (www.rcid.org).