POSTING DATE: 4/26/2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
HOURS: 40 Hours Per Week
Perform introductory level professional work related to a variety of planning assignments, works with GIS software and programs to create and maintain geographically referenced data and maps, and does related work as required by the Senior Planner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or related field.
- One to two years of professional planning and GIS experience, or closely related position.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- Greet and assist customers. Provide information, and answer questions for the public regarding departmental policies and procedures pertaining to permits. Answer telephones and provide information as requested. Route calls as necessary.
- Conducts or assists with pre-application meetings with project development teams.
- Reviews or assists in the review of plans of proposed developments to ensure projects are compliant with the District’s Concurrency Management System (CMS) requirements.
- Reviews or assists in the review of concept, site, and landscape/irrigation plans of proposed developments to ensure projects are compliant with the policies and requirements of the District’s Comprehensive Plan and the District’s Land Development Regulations (LDRs).
- Inspects construction sites to assess compliance with approved site plans and development agreements.
- Reviews or assists in the review and approval of applicable building permits for Planning and Engineering Department.
- Initiate and conduct planning studies that arise to ensure continued success of current and long term planning for the District.
- Provide technical support for GIS related projects as requested by Senior Planner.
- Develops reports and maps using GIS software.
- Maintains and develops GIS data.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, touch, speak, hear, and see. An employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, reach, twist, carry, climb, push and pull.
- An employee must lift and/or move small articles and occasionally lift objects up to 20 pounds.
- An employee must demonstrate fine motor skills and to be able to operate vehicles and other equipment.
- An employee is occasionally required to work in heat, cold and wet/damp conditions and to navigate uneven and/or outdoor terrain.
PAY: Wage ranges between $913 and $1,194 per week; 22 paid days off plus up to 12 paid sick days, competitive salary, FRS retirement, Walt Disney World Passes for employee & guests, WDW discounts, great benefits, fitness center access and more.