POSTING DATE: September 21, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Project Analyst – Technical Writer
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Perform duties that support the IT Project Management Office with ongoing District Technology Services projects. This position helps drive projects from start to finish by performing tasks such as but not limited to the development of new projects through special research, data analysis, and data collection to facilitate strategic decision-making. Research and analysis functions include budget tracking and financial forecasting, project evaluation and monitoring, analyzing various project metrics, and completing appropriate project documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or three to five years of experience in IT project management roles.
- Experience within a structured PMO environment preferred.
- Experience with Clarizen preferred.
- ITIL Foundations Certification required (if not in possession at time of hire, certification must be obtained within 6 months – as condition of continued employment).
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- Highly skilled user of Microsoft Office Suite and other required software.
- Trusted business relationship builder and maintainer with reputation for transparent, trustworthy and clear communications.
- Demonstrate clear, concise technical writing style in the production of documentation.
- Consistently manages multiple priorities and competing assignments while meeting commitments.
- Excellent positive listening, oral, and written communication skills, along with training documentation and presentation development skills that provide for clear communication of technical information to non-technical users.
- Knowledge of fundamental IT concepts, practices and procedures with broad knowledge of technology and solutions.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and support skills.
- Perform discovery, business case, and solution analysis for potential projects
- Collaborate with technical team and stakeholders to perform vendor analysis, contract review and submit to procurement for execution
- Facilitate the development of Project Charter, RFP, project plan, requirements specifications, design documents, lessons learned and other project documentation
- Manage approved projects through the lifecycle, including project scope, requirements, deliverables, timelines, resourcing needs, and appropriate interfaces with external vendors to accomplish project objectives
- Facilitate project status calls, prepare discussion agendas, provide meeting notes and distribute to project stakeholders
- Coordinate and schedule resources across multiple departments to align project requirements with business goals and objectives
- Manage project communications, documentation, and specifications including review and feedback from project team and stakeholders
- Facilitate project steering committee, project overview, support transition and other project related meetings
- Collect and analyze Portfolio data to provide project metrics, quarterly reports, project dashboards and infographics for review by stakeholders and executives
- Organize training activities and create system documentation to help facilitate the knowledge transfer of system functionality
- Forecast budget and manage project financials
- Participate proactively in developing and optimizing PMO standards, policies, procedures and tools
- Support Project Manager with day to day PMO tasks
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
While engaging in the duties of this position the Employee performs lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 lbs. occasionally and 10 lbs. frequently. Employee sits constantly. Employee stands and walks occasionally. Employee occasionally bends/stoops/crouches and pushes/pulls. Employee uses their hand(s)/arm(s) to reach in any direction and seize, grasp, hold and turn object using hand(s). Employee uses fingers, versus whole hand, to pick, pinch and feel objects. Employee sees, talk and hear as they communicate with others in person, electronically or by phone.
Employee will operate motor vehicle(s) that involve the use of hand/foot controls.
Pay ranges between $987 and $1,431 per week, depending upon qualifications and experience.