POSTING DATE: 3-12-19
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: QA LIMS Administrator II
HOURS: 40 Hours Per Week
Perform functions to provide Quality Assurance of required data within Environmental Science department. Offer support to the Quality Assurance LIMS Administrator in the maintenance of the District’s Laboratory Information Management System, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
- Graduation from accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in one of the physical or natural sciences, environmental engineering, or a field related to LIMS or reporting software.
- One to three years of experience in related field.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- Enter data into laboratory database. Serve as key support for department staff in report generation. Generate reports, both routine and ad-hoc.
- Assist with the maintenance of the District’s Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and Data Warehouse. Provide system support, configuration, training, and other assigned duties related to LIMS and Data Warehouse operations.
- Assist with system support and maintenance with the LIMS Administrator, LIMS, Data Warehouse vendors and RCID IT staff.
- Develop and maintain internal measurements relating to the quality of data to include data validation criteria as prescribed by the state of Florida and the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Collect, evaluate, analyze, and interpret scientific or technical data.
- Provide input to the maintenance and assurance of compliance with all phases of Environmental Sciences’ quality assurance documents and SOPs.
- Assist as necessary in the coordination of laboratory certification and permit compliance evaluations, internal, as well as external audits by State and Federal agencies.
- Observe activities of laboratory and field personnel for compliance with methodology requirements. Evaluate laboratory tests and recommend corrective action.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge – as it pertains to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and other required software.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Basic IT knowledge required.
- Experience with database and reporting software such as SQL Reports, etc.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Data entry skills
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
While engaging in the duties of this position the Employee performs lifting and/or carrying of up to 80 lbs. occasionally, 40 lbs. frequently and shares lift over 100 lbs. Employee stands/walks, pushes/pull, climbs/balances and crawls occasionally. Employee frequently sits, bends/stoops/crouches. Employee uses their hand(s)/arm(s) to reach in any direction and seize, grasp, hold and turn object using hand(s). Employee uses fingers, versus whole hand, to pick, pinch and feel objects. Employee sees, talk and hear. Visual functions include the ability to identify and distinguish colors and requires adjustment of lens of the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Employee will operate motor vehicle(s) that involve the use of hand/foot controls.
PAY: Wage ranges between $836 to $1,115 per week. Up to 34 paid days off annually, FRS pension, great medical, fitness center access, perks and more.
Submit Application, Resume, and any relevant copies of certification on our website (www.rcid.org).