Service Call Technician
40 Hours Per Week (hourly non-exempt). Rotating shifts, overtime and night shifts required, as necessary.
Work duties include performing hot work inspections, non-emergency alarm system checks, sprinkler system shutdown and refills, and various other calls for service (as assigned by supervision). Work is performed under general supervision and reviewed through feedback, performance, and reports. This position may include variable shift-work including overnight shifts. Work schedule is subject to change to meet the Department’s needs.
- Must be a High School graduate or possess a GED acceptable to the District.
- Two (2) years related experience in fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, security or industrial safety is preferred.
- Employee will be required to successfully complete training courses relevant to job tasks.
- As condition of continued employment, employee must obtain and have ability to maintain NICET I Certification within one (1) year from date of hire.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- To perform this job successfully, an employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize, and document work activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team or independently.
- Understanding of applicable fire codes and state statutes.
- Possesses interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think critically.
- Work duties include performing hot work inspections, non-emergency alarm system checks, sprinkler system shutdown and refills, and various other calls for service (as assigned by supervision).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, touch, speak, hear, and see. An employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, reach, twist, carry, climb, push and pull.
- An employee must lift and/or move small articles and occasionally lift objects up to 20 pounds.
- An employee must demonstrate fine motor skills and to be able to operate vehicles and other equipment.
- An employee is occasionally required to work in heat, cold and wet/damp conditions and to navigate uneven and/or outdoor terrain.
- Certain positions may require work above ground or in enclosed spaces.
- Certain positions may have requirements of 50 pounds maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Positions requiring strength demands in the Heavy and/or Very Heavy category have detailed physical performance analyses available for review.
PAY: Wage ranges between $16.70 and $22.28 per hour.