POSTING DATE: April 5, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Sr. Civil Engineer/Project Manager (Salary Exempt)
Planning & Engineering Department
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
The Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID) is a special governing District established by the Florida Legislature in 1967 for the purposes of adopting land use & zoning regulations, providing public infrastructure and creating and maintaining water management & conservation areas for a 44 square mile tract of land owned by the Walt Disney World Resort and located in central Florida. Today the Planning & Engineering department of RCID reviews all proposed development, both public and private, for compliance with the District’s Comprehensive Plan & Land Development Regulations, directs the design of the public roadway network & flood control system, manages the operation and maintenance of these systems and oversees regulatory compliance for public and private development throughout the District. The department employees a staff of 16 professionals and is currently seeking a Senior Engineer/Project Manager.
- Direct the planning & design of projects. Prepare project scopes, direct the preparation of design plans, technical reports, review, analyze and approve material submitted by consultants & disseminate information to the appropriate parties.
- Review design documents for compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Oversee and direct operation of construction / maintenance activities for roadway, bridge, and water control facilities. Submit budget requirements for repairs. Prepare bid packages, select contractors, and oversee all phases of construction. Attend construction meetings, review progress and coordinate with CEI inspectors, project construction team, and design consultants.
- Request the preparation of deeds, property descriptions and Right-of-Way maps. Review final products to assurance accuracy.
- Provide technological oversight, direction and mentoring to junior staff & perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineering License (must be active at time of submission – scanned copy required)
- Seven to ten years of experience as a senior engineer with managerial experience
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations
- Proven project management skills
- Effective positive listening, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, AdICPR, HMS/HECRAS & ArcGIS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other required software programs
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program
Dependent upon experience, between $1,608 and $2,680 weekly.