POSTING DATE: April 5, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Sr. Civil Engineer – Project Manager (Salary Exempt)
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineer License (must be active at time of submission – scanned copy required)
- Seven to ten years of experience as a senior engineer with managerial experience
- Knowledge of principles and practices of civil/structural/transportation engineering
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations
- Proven project management skills
- Effective positive listening, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, AdICPR, HMS/HECRAS & ArcGIS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other required software programs
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program
- Analyze a variety of data to plan and design projects. Prepare scopes, review and analyze material submitted by consultants, provide input on the results and disseminate information to the appropriate parties.
- Prepare design documents using applicable software and equipment. Review and prepare technical drawings.
- Review proposed construction design for compliance with existing infrastructure system & environmental permits.
- Oversee and direct operation of construction / maintenance activities for roadway, bridge, and water control facilities. Submit budget requirements for repairs. Prepare bid packages, select contractors, and oversee all phases of construction. Attend construction meetings, review progress and coordinate with CEI inspectors, project construction team, and design consultants.
- Request the preparation of deeds, property descriptions and Right-of-Way maps. Review final products to assurance accuracy.
- Provide technological oversight, direction and mentoring to junior staff & perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Pay is between $1,608 and $2,680 weekly.