POSTING DATE: November 9, 2017
CLOSING DATE: December 9, 2017
CLASSIFICATION: Sr. Contract Administrator
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
Perform functions essential to the procurement of capital equipment and services. Conduct formal solicitations in support of obtaining competitive bids from selected vendors, contractors, and consultants providing services to Reedy Creek Improvement District and its Utility Division, guided by the precedent and working within the limits of established policies and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Seven to ten years of experience in the area of procurement and contract administration, construction, or related field with emphasis in mid-to-large size commercial building, industrial and heavy civil infrastructure design and construction.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- Analyze project requirements and make specific recommendations to appropriately match contract type and project necessities.
- Generally perform work that is more complex in terms of specialized transactional requirements and dollar value of corresponding contract(s). The level of performance is considered advanced and functions with minimal supervision.
- Assist in identifying procurement needs and associated time line in overall support of the project. Advise internal customers on how to best structure and organize requests for proposals, invitations to bid and requests for quotations.
- Serve as a department expert in procurement, legal issues and requirements within the context of business transactional contracts.
- Directly supervise and provide guidance to a small staff of procurement specialists.
- Identify and assist management with refining and implementing procurement best practices.
- Develop bidding strategies. Prepare, package, and issue written requests for quotations, invitations to bid, and requests for proposals.
- Analyze and tabulate bids, quotations, and proposals in the context of the bidding and contractual requirements set forth in requests. Reviews bids and proposals for conformity to bidding and contract requirements and for purposes of determining acceptable, responsive bids. Ensure the timely award of contractual services.
- Negotiate contractual terms. Evaluate and monitor contract performance. Support department’s savings, budget and business plan goals. Train and assign department team members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive transactional contract knowledge and basic knowledge of Uniform Commercial Code (UCC). Highly-proficient use of computer software applications and a broad knowledge of computer databases. Must possess superior analytical and organizational skills. Accuracy and efficiency in the performance of the job duties are paramount to the success of this position. Ability to interact effectively with various levels of management outside agencies. Knowledge of procurement of goods and services in relation to solicitation, negotiation and administration of contracts. Knowledge of mathematics and calculations as required by the position.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, touch, speak, hear, and see. An employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, reach, twist, carry, climb, push and pull.
- An employee must lift and/or move small articles and occasionally lift objects up to 20 pounds.
- An employee must demonstrate fine motor skills and to be able to operate vehicles and other equipment.
- An employee is occasionally required to work in heat, cold and wet/damp conditions and to navigate uneven and/or outdoor terrain.
- Certain positions may require work above ground or in enclosed spaces.
- Certain positions may have requirements of 50 pounds maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Positions requiring strength demands in the Heavy and/or Very Heavy category have detailed physical performance analyses available for review.
PAY: Starting pay ranges between $1323 and $1764 weekly.