POSTING DATE: September 28, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Sr. Systems Administrator – Database
HOURS: Full Time
The Senior Database Administrator position is responsible for meeting the business objectives of Reedy Creek Improvement District through needs analysis, detailed design, solution enhancements, maintenance of business process automation and optimization of business user support tools. They will need to work with other Technology Services’ staff as well as internal customers and vendors to maintain existing systems and implement new integration processes. Responsibilities include maintaining and managing all Reedy Creek Databases, as well as other enterprise systems and software solutions. This position will also be responsible for establishing technology standards, installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, and security of Reedy Creek’s technology resources, and providing support for any range of technology related assignments, making decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related field, or 7+ years of experience in increasingly responsible applicable software solution positions.
- Microsoft MSCA-SQL Server, MS Server
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Platform
- ITIL Foundations Certification required (if not in possession at time of hire, certification must be obtained within 6 months – as condition of continued employment).
- Highly skilled user of Microsoft Office Suite and other required software.
- Highly skilled proficiency in JAVA Script, XML, GOVXML, , HTML, Microsoft SQL server, Power BI, SQL Mgmt Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) ORACLE, MySQL, AQL, TSQL, Visual Studios, and other applicable programs.
- Experience in creating/executing/automating scripts, VBScript, PowerShell, and other general reporting tools.
- Experience managing and configuring SQL monitoring tools, dashboards, alerts, and triggers (IDERA).
- Knowledge and experience with VMWare, Microsoft Terminal Services, IIS, backups, Microsoft 365 Admin Portal, Azure, and general systems security.
- General knowledge in networks and storage (example – SAN/NAS).
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and support skills.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Knowledge and experience with databases, integration, security, queries, theory and design.
- Knowledge of fundamental IT concepts, practices and procedures with broad knowledge of technology and solutions.
- Proven strength in positive listening, oral, and written communications with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Trusted business relationship builder and maintainer with reputation for transparent, trustworthy and clear communications.
- Responsible for database/system enhancements, new development, and support.
- Database capacity planning, installation, configuration, design, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying efficiency, integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Work with project teams to implement new projects and ensure compliance with current standards.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical and non-technical staff.
- Plan, execute, and maintain software/hardware system implementations and upgrades.
- Work from project service level agreements and comprehensive project plans to ensure that results meet quality standards and client expectations..
- Maintain awareness of Database status, security and enhancements.
- Research and recommend solutions and plans for their adoption as required or beneficial to Reedy Creek.
- Identify options and recommendations for future standards best aligned with overall IT and business strategy.
- Seek new solutions for the design and development of future IT operations including infrastructure and upgrades to software applications.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance for systems and applications.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use and user abuse.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues of considerable complexity. Test solutions for technical and business compatability.
- Consistently assess situations and suggest process improvement opportunities.
- Write SQL queries or scripts or use Reporting Services to data mine SQI data from District databases on request or for troubleshooting.
- Maintain user access configurations and license consumptions.
- Develop documentation of systems, modifications, upgrades, and patches for existing systems and applications.
- Assist to provide training, documentation, expertise, technical solutions and assistance to those providing Help Desk Level 1 and Level 2 support. Document technical findings and log solutions activity in Help Desk System.
- Perform root cause analysis and recommend resolution and preventative techniques.
- Assist with and provide support to team members accountable for any range of databases, systems, networking, security, enterprise, infrastructure, or other technology projects and assignments, as required.
- Respond to any range client technical requests or Technology Services infrastructure issue, where solution may require after hours support. Provide Level 3 customer technical solutions within the District’s Service Level Agreements and standards. Receive requests via the Help Desk ticket system.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Stay current with technological developments in relative technology and provide adoption recommendations.
- Participate in all Operational and Maintenance rotational duties, including enterprise monitoring, incident support and on-call rotation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
While engaging in the duties of this position the Employee performs lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 lbs. occasionally and 20 lbs. frequently. Employee sits frequently. Employee stands and walks occasionally. Employee occasionally bends/stoops/crouches, pushes/pulls, climbs/balances, kneels and crawls. Employee uses their hand(s)/arm(s) to reach in any direction and seize, grasp, hold and turn object using hand(s). Employee uses fingers, versus whole hand, to pick, pinch and feel objects. Employee sees, talk and hear as they communicate with others in person, electronically or by phone.
Employee will operate motor vehicle(s) that involve the use of hand/foot controls.
Starting pay ranges between $1,458 – $1,945 per week, depending upon qualifications and experience. Competitive package which includes medical, FRS pension and additional perks.