POSTING DATE: 1/4/2019
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Sr. Systems Administrator – Network & Security
HOURS: 40 Hours Per Week
The Sr. Systems Administrator – Network and Security position is responsible for meeting the business objectives of Reedy Creek Improvement District through needs analysis, detailed design, solution enhancements, maintenance of business process automation and optimization of business user support tools. They will need to work with other Technology Services’ staff as well as internal customers and vendors to maintain existing systems and implement new integration processes. Perform functions to plan, execute, maintain updates, and implementations of network and security solutions in support of Reedy Creek’s requirements. This position will also be responsible for establishing technology standards, installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, and security of Reedy Creek’s technology resources and providing support for any range of technology related assignments, proposing solutions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related field, and/or seven to ten years of experience in increasingly responsible network and security design and engineering positions.
- CCNA, Security, CISSP, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) preferably in Core areas of Network, VMWare knowledge, Security and related fields, (preferred).
- ITIL Foundations Certification required (if not in possession at time of hire, certification must be obtained within 6 months – as condition of continued employment).
- Knowledge and experience working in a Cisco network environment and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft server, client technologies, and operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience in VMWare & SAN environments.
- Knowledge and experience in application, infrastructure, and network security.
- Understanding of network infrastructure and protocols.
- Knowledge of fundamental IT concepts, practices, and procedures with broad knowledge of technology and solutions.
- Clear depth of knowledge in Information Technology fundamentals, current best practice and standards, along with emerging resources and practices.
- Consistently manages multiple priorities and completing assignments while meeting commitments.
- Demonstrable network, systems, security, and firewall knowledge.
- Knowledge of Office products – including Visio for network designs & documentation.
- Familiar w/ routing protocols such as OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, and MPLS.IPS/IDS and data loss prevention.
- Must have a strong understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, NetBIOS protocols, cryptography, wireless access, IP routing and telecommunications.
- Advanced OSI Model knowledge.
- Monitor security events and conduct regular reviews of log files, platforms, products, and services.
- Maintain awareness of latest security risks, exploits and vulnerabilities and apply remediation as required.
- Provide subject matter expertise within the following realms of security: access control systems, cryptography, operations security, security architecture and models, network, application, and Internet security.
- Proven strength in positive listening, oral, and written communications with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Trusted business relationship builder and maintainer with reputation for transparent, trustworthy, and clear communications.
- Organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and support skills.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Partner with engineering, leadership, and team members to develop and maintain enduring business relationships.
- Develop trusted partnerships that foster an environment of common understanding of mutual and specific business requirements relating to networking, security, and related architecture standards.
- Work with project teams to implement new projects and ensure compliance with current standards.
- Plan, execute, and maintain software and hardware system implementations and upgrades.
- Perform root cause analysis and recommend resolution and preventative techniques.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying efficiency, integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Collaborate with business units, vendors, project management, and third party IT contractors to resolve issues, test and implement solutions.
- Work from project service level agreements and comprehensive project plans to ensure that results meet quality standards and client expectations.
- Monitor, review, and maintain the status and availability of all network, servers, applications, and security throughout all systems.
- Responsible for ensuring continuity of services and compliance.
- Download, review, approve, implement, and test system patches including security updates.
- Research and recommend solutions and plans for their adoption as required or beneficial to Reedy Creek.
- Identify options and recommendations for future standards best aligned with overall IT and business strategy and partner requirements.
- Seek new solutions for the compliant design and development of future network and security systems including software, hardware, and applications.
- Assist and provide support to team members accountable for any range of network, security, databases, systems, enterprise, infrastructure or other technology projects and assignments, as required.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, enhancements, and integration of LAN, WAN, and systems architecture.
- Implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing the network security policy and complying with requirements of external security audits and recommendations.
- Perform analysis of network security needs and contribute to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance for systems and applications.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, and user abuse.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues of considerable complexity. Test solutions for technical and business compatibility.
- Consistently assess situations and suggest process improvement opportunities.
- Maintain user access configurations and license consumptions.
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and applications-modifications, upgrades, and patches.
- Respond to any range of client technical requests or Technology Services infrastructure issues, where solutions may require after hours support. Provide Level 3 support within the District’s Service Level Agreements and standards. Receive requests via the Help Desk ticket system.
- Provide training, documentation, expertise, technical solutions, and assistance to Level 1 and Level 2 support personnel. Document technical findings and log solution activity in Help Desk system.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow, meet schedules, and meet quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Stay current with technological developments in relative technology and provide adoption recommendations.
- Participate in all Operational and Maintenance rotational duties, including enterprise monitoring, incident support and on-call rotation.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
While engaging in the duties of this position the Employee performs lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 lbs. occasionally and 20 lbs. frequently. Employee sits frequently. Employee stands and walks occasionally. Employee occasionally bends/stoops/crouches, pushes/pulls, climbs/balances, kneels and crawls. Employee uses their hand(s)/arm(s) to reach in any direction and seize, grasp, hold and turn object using hand(s). Employee uses fingers, versus whole hand, to pick, pinch and feel objects. Employee sees, talk and hear as they communicate with others in person, electronically or by phone.
Employee will operate motor vehicle(s) that involve the use of hand/foot controls.
PAY: Starting wage ranges between $1458 and $1930 per week. Up to 34 paid days off annually, FRS pension, great medical, fitness center access, perks and more.
Submit your Application, Resume, and any relevant copies of certification on our website (www.rcid.org).