POSTING DATE: 08/19/19
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION: Training and Development Advisor
HOURS: 40 Hours Per Week
Perform duties to support all training and development functions, with a focus on delivering a variety of training programs based on department and employee specific needs.
- Designs, develops and delivers Learning and Development programs in collaboration with key stakeholders associating with the District’s values and operating philosophies.
- Designs and develops quality learning content, materials and resources (including e-learning).
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of various learning concepts to execute instructional design strategies and effective course development.
- Applies knowledge of organizational interventions to assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of organizational problem solving. Provides specialist advice on learning and development activities.
- Facilitates in-person professional development and custom programs, including components of management, leadership and customer service curriculum.
- Assists with utilization of learning management systems such as Fred Pryor and Cornerstone.
- Responsible for identifying and refining processes that promote or enable talent development and leadership performance.
- Devise programs and strategies to develop succession management/planning and other initiatives with identified short and long-term goals.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Perform or assist with any HR operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Must have respect for confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, particularly with written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of many aspects of the Human Resource discipline, to include employee retention, training and development, benefits administration, and employee relations.
- Demonstrate human resources experience with the ability to use independent judgement to ensure intended business results are achieved, including timeliness and quality.
- Proven accountability for results in a performance management environment.
- Strong understanding of business processes and protocols; experience in the government sector is helpful.
- Demonstrated results in working in a high integrity team environment.
- Demonstrate experience maintaining exceptional relationships with key internal and external partied through collaboration.
- Strong sense of urgency and focus in execution; including problem solving orientation, action orientated, and collaborative in decision making.
- A customer centric mentality with an emphasis on performance excellence; solution orientation.
- Ability to react and adjust quickly to changing environments.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have a working knowledge of all Human Resources functions to provide assistance as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Education, or similar discipline.
- Human Resource certification is helpful.
- Five+ years of Organizational Development, with at least three years of experience directly in government, preferred.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver’s license and maintain eligibility under the District’s commercial vehicle program.
While engaging in the duties of this position the Employee performs lifting and/or carrying of up to 20 lbs. occasionally and 10 lbs. frequently. Employee sits constantly. Employee stands and walks occasionally. Employee occasionally bends/stoops/crouches and pushes/pulls. Employee uses their hand(s)/arm(s) to reach in any direction and seize, grasp, hold and turn object using hand(s). Employee uses fingers, versus whole hand, to pick, pinch and feel objects. Employee sees, talk and hear as they communicate with others in person, electronically or by phone.
Employee will operate motor vehicle(s) that involve the use of hand/foot controls.
PAY: Wage ranges between $47,944-$55,952 annually.
Submit your Application, Resume, and any relevant copies of certification on our website (www.rcid.org).